There is no need to define the healthy benefits of castor oil in treating your overall health by promoting good digestion. As this oil can safe for ingestion, so it has been used as the laxative since long time back. In addition to treat the constipation, castor oil has uncountable skin benefits. It is helpful as an emollient for the dry skin and the other skins which are suffering from several skin problems. Castor oil is suitable for all the skin types for the adults as well as on the delicate skin of the children. Castor oil for skin benefits is needed to apply directly on the skin. Sometimes, castor oil is used in combination with the other ingredients for skin benefits.
A list of benefits of castor oil
You can buy pure castor oil easily from the market but before purchase, have a look on the benefits of castor oil on the skin:
- Moisturize your skin: Castor oil is a lubricant and hence, it prevents the moisture to evaporate from your skin. On applying the castor oil directly on your skin you can lock the moisture and enjoy the soft and glowing skin even in the winters. There are various leading cosmetic brands which use castor oil in the moisturizing lotion and skin creams.
- Healing of inflamed skin: inflammation caused by acne, sunburns and dry skin can be easily treated with the help of castor oil. Apply castor oil with the help of cotton ball on your skin and leave the affected area for about an hour before washing. You will feel soothing effect in the inflamed area.
- Erases the signs of aging: Aging is obvious and everyone wants to delay the signs of aging which start appearing on their skin in the late 30s and 40s. If you have also developed the various signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines, dullness, sagginess and crow’s feet, then you should use the anti-aging products with contain castor oil. It will delay all signs of aging so that you can look few years younger.
- Spot treatment: All types of spots on your skin can be reduced easily with the help of castor oil. Warts and skin tags can also be treated by using wonderful multipurpose oil which is the castor oil. Regular application of castor oil on the affected area can help in treating all types of spots within one or two weeks.
- Skin cleansing and detoxification: Castor oil has the antimicrobial properties which makes it suitable to act as a skin cleanser and detoxifier. Take a small amount of castor oil and rub between your palms and then spread it evenly on your body. You can wash off the extra oil from your skin. Rest of the oil will be penetrated into your skin. On rubbing, it opens up the skin pores to make the skin breathable.
- Treating stretch marks: Whether you have developed the stretch marks due to your pregnancy or obesity, you can apply castor oil to treat these marks from your skin.
These are just few benefits of castor oil, in addition to these, there are many more benefits. It is a versatile oil which has a wide range of applications.